2/24/2011

Political Views Test


       I did a test on the Internet that allowed me to tell where I fell on the political compass. I was well aware that I would technically be a liberal but I wasn’t too sure if I was extreme right or somewhere in between. There were a series of questions that asked about my opinion about business, the government, women and my views on certain policies where I could select strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree. Just like I thought I would be, I turned out to be a liberal! I wasn’t entirely liberal though, I do fall somewhere in between. If you look at the picture posted below, it gives a chart of exactly where I fall.

      I do believe that these days, depending on your beliefs, most people aren’t extremely left or extremely right. The way you view policies and issues might be different depending on the exact issue. This is the case for me, I sometimes go Conservative and sometimes Liberal, it entirely depends on what I personally believe is right or wrong depending on the issue. After getting my results for the test, there were explanations about how the political scale works. There was also an example given on the political scale about the different people in government around the world or well-known icons such as Hitler and where they fell on the scale.
     This showed a good comparison to where I fell on the scale itself. I knew that I was Liberal because my parents have been Liberal for their whole lives, they never really explained why they were Liberal but after going to high school and taking different courses, I was able to get the main ideas that Liberals believed in. If you want to try to take the test on your own, just click here!

1 comment:

  1. I too did the political compass quiz, and my results were similar to your own, as well as my hypothesis prior to the quiz. However you mentioned that your results were more of a middle than an extreme. I'm just wondering if all people fall in the Left-Libertarian area. How can we analyze the accuracy of the quiz? When reading about the quiz, I learned that the Political Compass creators refused to share the process in which they come to the results. That doesn't make me too confident on the legitimacy of the quiz. But then again, both of us are from the same area, with similar backgrounds, so maybe our values stem from there?

    ReplyDelete